Saturday, January 16, 2010

Yes, It is Still Christmas in My Mind

I know I have been distant and not blogging lately. Sorry my loyal public, but I have been in a funk and not feeling the blog love. My dad is on the down slide and I am working to keep myself moving forward. But I don't want to talk about this situation right now, I want to talk about my Christmas presents. I want to talk about the good things in my life.
I got so many wonderful presents this year, but these are two that surprised me the most. My thoughtful wife made my kitchen wish come true. For a few years I have longed for a corner shelf to relieve some of my space issues next to the stove. I envisioned a beautiful rounded shelf to fit my Fiesta canister set. I had hinted and pleaded and even bought an IKEA one for the space.
This year I came home to find it perfectly positioned and ready for my beautiful canisters. My wife had our very handy neighbor make one for me. The shelf is so awesome and now I have all this space next to my stove and can display even more of my lovely Fiestaware. I am feeling the Fiestaware love.
I was also surprised by receiving some lavender and chartreuse handspun yarn. The yarn is so perfect for me. I am so excited about knitting something with this yarn that I can't wait to use the yarn. I just don't know what to do with the yarn. I have about 85 yards and the pretension to knit something wonderful. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I got so much love this year from all of my friends, thank you it was much appreciated and much need. I promise not to continue to be such a stranger to my own blog, but as things progress with my dad I unsure at how well I will be able to keep that promise. And again thank you for all the support. Much love TT

No comments: