Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Twas, not was





First, I had connectivity issues the last couple of weeks, so excuse the lack of posts. I could say I had nothing of import going on, but that would be a slight exaggeration (just slight). I knitted intensely on the Harry Potter Scarf of Despair. I started the project with nothing but love in my heart for my friend Steve. I finished all 101 inches and 47000 plus inches of ruby and gold thinking somehow Steve had used some sort of wild juju on me to make me knit the scarf. I even began to think that maybe he secretly knew of the project and was intentionally visiting me so I couldn't knit. Steve is evil, but Satan incarnate? I hope not. Anyway there is a dark picture of Steve in the scarf. Not being a knitter, he liked it, but I don't think he truly knew the amount of work that went into those even little stitches. I also wonder if he realized how much yarn it takes to cover such a tall guy (6'5"). That answer for anyone who cares is 7 skeins of Cascade 22o. The only real challenge other then getting the thing done was the blocking. Just how do you block a 101 inch scarf? It took two ironing boards and cutting board to accomplish the task. I also love the care instructions I gave Steve. BRING IT TO ME TO BE WASHED. I am really glad to be moving onto a different project. NO more ruby and gold.

No comments: