Friday, November 2, 2007

Damn!


That is what the fish said when it hit a wall. I just hit that wall. I want to blog about this crazy little restaurant/dive I drive by to and from work. It is named "Chicken and Waffles." I have a picture on my phone about said place to prove I am not smoking crack while I am driving. The image is trapped in my phone. I am too computer illiterate to shake it out. Why? I curse to the gods of IT WHY? One day I will get better at this and then the whole system will change (okay that is the Luddite in me coming out).


Anyway, back to the chicken and waffles. Why? Again that question. Do the waffles come with chicken on them? Do you cover everything with syrup? It is an enigma. A part of me wants to stop sometime and just end the suspense. But Chicken and Waffles is on the worst part of my route to work and the building looks like a derelict building with several of the windows boarded up. If it weren't for the Neon sign that says "OPE..." along with the steady stream of patrons I would think it was a vacant location. I am also afraid I will walk in and be the only white person there and that does give me a moment of pause. My friend Kim, says, "Lets go!" with the enthusiasm of a person who hasn't seen the location.


The crazy thing is I love chicken and I love waffles. I am thinking I just might break down and just end the mystery, but then what would I think about on the way to and from work.

No comments: