Sunday, July 6, 2008

From the Burbs to the Sticks!


After a weekend in the Burbs I had to out do myself by going to the country. Leasburg MO to be exact. My family had a birthday/graduation party at my cousin Jean's country estate. Okay, it was a house on a largish pond.

I love this photo of supposed bucolic bliss, the recliner on the banks of the pond. What you can't see is less than 50 feet away is a sewer pipe from the house. It isn't the septic tank, just the dishwater and such, but still it was fragrant. The kids fished on the dock right next to the drainage. But we can pretend my cousin spends her leisure hours reclined in this chair smelling only clean country air scented with roses. Okay these roses are in the front yard, but since I am spinning a yarn of rustic bliss, I might as well use the photo.

My family was out in in force and we all had fun visiting and eating. If a vote was taken I would say the eating part would win. The mosquitoes did their share of eating too. My arm has a few itchy spots.I am including a photograph of my cousin who is getting ready to go to college at Purdue. He is the young man talking sitting next to his grandmother. Not the best shot of him, but worthy enough to put on my blog so my co-work Cherry, who is also off to Purdue in the fall can get a gander at him. I want her to get an idea what boy looks like. I want the two of them to be best friends at Purdue and this way I can show him off to her at work.

Anyway, the country was actually better than New Town, at least here I wasn't worried they would try to re-make into some stepford version of myself.

And there were lots of dogs running around. My brother's dog, Pecker, kept peeing on people's bags. It was kind of cute to hear my little niece calling to the dog, Pe-cha. I also loved that my brother showed up in his 1950s, green dump truck. He assured me it gets 15 miles to the gallon which is actually a little better than a hummer. I meant to snap some shots of the dump truck, but just didn't get to it. So instead you will have to settle for photos of Pecker.


No comments: