Sunday, September 29, 2013

Jail House Rock

Who knew that I would love working in a jail?  But I do.  I am not going to lie and say it is the best job ever, but after 6 months, I am starting to find my niche.  Yay!  I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life in library drudgery, but salvation was at hand.



It has not been a smooth transition, there have been a few bumps along the way.  I miss my friends at the library and in jail you don't make many friends, but I still like it, a lot.  I work hard too.  My days are long and the work load is huge, but I am humming while doing the job (humming because I can't really whistle). 

 
My boss made me permanent with a note that he was very glad I decided to come to work for the jail.  He made me feel like a valued employee and for that I am grateful.  I see more bumps on this path I am on, but you know I have hope.  Who knew I would find hope in jail?

No comments: