|A Basket Full of Dishcloths|
A kitchen remodel is a good time to update kitchen linens. Our good friends Kim & Barb (http://tempestinapot.blogspot.com/2011/10/wedding-number-3-or-iowa-revisited.html) recently updated their kitchen, and I felt they need new matching linens. They actually spent most of the spring with no kitchen while the contractor didn't work on the stripped down room that use to be the heart of the house. But patience and time rewarded them with a shiny, newly equipped. Early on in the process I asked, repeatedly, what color are you painting the walls. I am sure they got tired of hearing me ask. One visit to their home yielded the paint sample. A red kitchen it was.
|French Stripped Tea Towel|
|Tabbed Tea Towel|
My beautiful wife, Natalie, was convinced to join me in my secret project to knit some new kitchen towels and dishcloths for our friends. We started in our stash and found scant red yarn to work with, but we soon had some red cotton and linen yarns on our needles. We knit dishcloths, tea towels, a tabbed towel, a tawashi and a table runner. Much red yarn was used.
|Dishcloths Knitted by Natalie|
|Heart Shaped Tawashi|
|Boob like Pinwheel Dishcloth|