Tuesday, July 21, 2015

And the World Continues to Turn on Its Axis

Just a little under a month ago, as you may have heard, Natalie and I's marriage was recognized by our country.  Our whole country; all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the US territories.  Since then the I have noticed the sun still comes up and the moon still continues to wax and wane.  Our mail shows up with the same bills and junk mail.  The internet functions and the grid has not fallen.  I have not seen a rain of frogs or the Mississippi turn to blood.  I will admit we have been plagued by a swarm of mosquitoes, but bug spray seems to be taking care of that problem.  My marriage has not destroyed our world.  In fact so many of my friends, co-workers, neighbors, knitters, and family have rallied around us to congratulate the recognition of our 30 year union.  We feel blessed to have so much love and support.  Thank you my friends and allies for all the years that you have opened your hearts and minds to my family.  Your helped change my world. A world that continues to turn just fine on its axis.



No comments: