Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I can't spell


I have a confession to make. I can't spell. It is a cruel fact, I struggle with it everyday. I would like to say I feel really bad about it, but truthfully like a sociopath, I only show contrition for my spelling when caught. However, I just don't care. My talent is not spelling. I wonder where I took the wrong turn into the world of the spelling clueless. I do try to look things up, but you know if you can't spell something it makes looking it up a real challenge. Spell check helps, but you know to that I say ate and eight. I fake spell when possible, spit out letters and hope no one notice the "e" came before "i" and not a "c" is in sight. Some of my friends who live in the world of good spelling are pained by my problem and "correct" me. Some even enjoy the sensation of pointing out someone elses flaws. To them I say go ahead boost your ego at my expense. It won't change the fact that I can't spell.
Now let them wear green and look as fabulous as I do in it. That is the boost to my ego

No comments: