Sunday, July 10, 2011

Oh Technology You Are a Bittersweet Princess....

I know I have not posted much lately.  I do have some really good excuse, if you want to hear them?  I am struggling through a technological crisis.  I have a old laptop (2003), and a newer netbook (2009) and neither of them is functioning well.  Actually in the case of the netbook, it is only good for playing solitaire right now.  My laptop can go the distant, but like a Model-T Ford, it is very bumpy and takes a long time to get there.  Many nights I just don't have the patience to wait.  I did just buy a smartphone to help as a patch until I improve my situation.  I tell you that was a colossal mistake.  I am more vexed then I have ever been with the electronic and this includes the time my car refused to start in -5 degree weather.  Yesterday I was explosively pissed I am surprised the Discovery Channel didn't report a volcano eruption in St Louis. I know woe is me. 

The plan is to get a new computer, but time, money, and indecision has left me still at square -5 (Notice I am transitioning with the previous paragraph by using the same negative number, clever me).  I have yet to decide what I want.  After much thought and discussion I know I don't want an Ipad.  However, I may still want a tablet.  I want a new computer that I can stream on and at least attach a regular sized keyboard to it.  I am not made of money so I want something that is reasonably priced.  After lugging around a laptop and then having a netbook, I do indeed want a skinny model (my fat girl heart just hurt a little at that statement, because size, in this case, does matter).  I refused to be tricked by any description that has MS Office on it to only later to find out I have half-ass demo versions of MSWord.  Finally, and I think most importantly, I want a computer that can read my mind and do exactly what I want it to do on the first try. 

So I think you see my problem.  As is always the case with me, my expectations are far exceeding the possible.  However, NASA maybe having an online garage sale soon and I just might find the computer of my dreams.  I do like the idea of having a computer named HAL.

No comments: