Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Today I Became "The Man"

Maybe you know who the man is, or maybe you don't.  Wikipedia defines the phrases as, "The Man" is a slang phrase that may refer to the government or to some other authority in a position of power.  And it is meant not in a good way.  Really, I have no power at work, but today I felt like I was tricking everyone.  My new staff member started and was looking to me for guidance.  At one point I wanted to run screaming from the room, but I kept myself focused and tired to be the supervisor I wanted to work for.



However, there is another situation with a contractor, not on my team, which is testing me.  This woman treats me like the devil oppressor because I keep moving her stuff.  Granted it is not her stuff and really she is working in our designated area and...Yup, I have become the man.  I don't know if I will be able to accept this new side of myself.  Of course I could just throw myself in the pokey or the workhouse then I could complain about being oppressed by the man. 

No comments: