Monday, June 30, 2014

June Knitting Wrap Up!

This month I almost forgot my building block (http://tempestinapot.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-year-of-building-blocks.html).  Natalie reminded me about mid-month and I was doing some fast knitting to get it done.  The building block #6 has a right twist stitch in it.  I really liked how this stitch looks knitted up, but this stitch is a little tricky.  I did get the block done, but just barely.  I think the block turned out.  This also puts Natalie and I at the halfway mark for a afghan.  2014 is just flying by.


One of the reasons I was so late on my block was because I got a little obsessed with the Travel Slippers pattern from Katie Startzman's The Knitted Slipper Book.  It is a fun quick pattern, and I made myself some sweet slippers out of leftover yarn.  All very cool.  I find myself thinking I will probably make a few more of these for a few of my nearest and dearest.  Notice the well executed I-cord edge, Awesome!



Currently, Natalie and I are working on a secret, joint knitting project.  Will update when that cat is out bag.  Until then, craft on my friends.

No comments: