Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cat Fur Fotsam


Okay, I apologize for posting about one of my cats. I try not to because well cats are like kids, only interesting to the owners. BUT I will make an exception this once. To the right is my cat, Grasshopper. She is an older cat (and we never discuss a ladies age) so her coat gets a little, alright a lot, matted. She is such a diva that I can't get near her with a comb or scissors. Usually, I come back with a bloodied appendage when I try. This week she went to the spa and got a new do. As in the short and sassy look. The trim transmogrifies her personality. Her normally aloof demeanor falls away and she becomes Miss Congenility. It is kind of weird almost like getting a new cat. I think my favorite thing about the cut, called the lion cut, is the tuft at the end of her tail. It makes every swish a statement of epic proportions. I love how soft the shourn fur feels, like she has a velvet suit on. Anyway, I promise not to go overboard with kitty posts. And for the knitters out there I will not be having the removed fur spun into yarn so I can knit something sappy out of it. That is just a little to weird and cat fur smells funky when it is wet anyway. She was being very difficult about being photographed. I did not get a very good picture of her tuft, but I think you can get an idea from these shots. Next month my cat Dante gets the spa treatment, I wonder what it will do to his personality.


1 comment:

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

I think they get crabby b/c the matts in their hair pull at their skin all the time. i'd be crabby too! and post about kitties as much as you like :)