Saturday, April 5, 2008

Oh Where, Oh Where has my Knitting Needle Gone?


Sorry that I have not blogged in a week. I have been very busy taking care of dogs(the Taters). And unlike the very smart Grommet to the right here they don't knit and they hate it when I knit even if I am knitting for them. So not only was I busy, but I have not been able to get much knitting done. Who knew that knitting would become like my religion? I feel lost when I don't get to work on my project. Couple that with the fact that one of my cherished crystal place 8 needles went missing. Like it went on a holiday without me. A crisis more important than the current gas prices in my small corner of South City.
Last week my dear Cuz and I went to Edwardsville to check out a LYS that we had yet to visit, Knit 1, Weave 2. It was a very sweet shop with lots of yarn and large group of knitters drinking wine and being raucous while they knitted. The owner was very helpful and even gave me a discount on my purchase. The shop was much smaller than my beloved Knitorious and not at all convenient to get too, but diverting and enjoyable.
Afterwards we went down the street (Main Street to be exact) to Bigelow's, a restaurant my boss suggested. Obviously, it was a personal favorite of her family because her boyfriend was casually standing at the bar when I walked in. The baked potato soup was not very good, more like runny mash potatoes, but the blue cheese dip and the chicken corlene were very yummy. So yummy in fact that in my frenzy of eating I lost a knitting needle. It must have fallen out of my bag. Worst yet I didn't notice the needle was missing until the next day. Like some big dork I called my boss and asked her to ask her boyfriend (who it turns out works next door to Bigelow's) to please see about retrieving the needle. After some embarrassment on my part she assured me it was no problem.
Okay, no problem, but I impatiently waited until Wednesday for her to return my crystal palace needle. It was agonizing to know I didn't have time to knit and even if I wanted to, I was one needle shy of a project. But thankfully, my boss was a sweetie about it, and all is well that knits wells.

3 comments:

JimHMcNair said...

one needle shy of a project?

JimHMcNair said...

One needle shy of a project?!

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

It is much better than being one sandwich short of a picnic, in that case food is involved.