Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cupcakes are Good, But...

Check Spelling Today I stopped at Jilly's Cupcake & Milk Bar and picked up a lovely turtle cupcake. I did not get there until the afternoon so the selection was a tad picked over. Obviously, I did not stop me from finding something worth taking home for an evening snack. Something weird happened while I was purchasing the cupcake, the woman checking me out was having a slight panic attack. She was very helpful and nice, but her face was flushed and she seemed a little rushed. I was in my usual state of oblivion and since it was Saturday I was in no hurry. I noticed the woman's other co-worker was being short with her and some other customer interrupted my purchase because she didn't want to wait in line to get here cupcakes.
At that moment I understood the harried look. Rudeness was all around her. I get people all the time who make me feel the same at work. People who act like the library or the Cupcake Bar is dispensing essential life-saving blood or medication that they need and you have to hurry and get them what they want right now. What is up with that? Books and cupcakes are great I was happy to get a cupcake today, but I can wait my turn, I can wait for my service. The cupcake will taste just as good five minutes later. We all rush around and try to squeeze every minute we can out of our busy schedules, but it is no excuse to treat anyone else as less than human.
Grumble, I am on a rant, but it just upset me to see this kind of rude behavior, it just hit to close to home.
So tonight I sat down with my luscious cupcake and ate half of it with relish. It was delicious...

No comments: