Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pro/Con

I started a new position at the newly minted call center with the library this week. I really did not want to take this position, but was hard sold into it. Many of you have been asking how it has been going so I will break it down into a pro/con list.

PRO
In Frontenac not Moline Acres
Drive through nicer neighborhoods on way to work
Have a designated work space
Supervisor very nice
Working Normal daily schedule
No face to face with smelly customers

CON
At HQ under scrutiny of Administrators
One mile further from home than at LC
Tied to my desk
Everything very disorganized and training ve-rry sloooow
On July 1 start new schedule of Tuesday (no family night at Rivendell) and Wednesday night
Some hostility from other staff members
On probation (again) because I have transferred to
a new position
No raise for position and still making bumpcus.

I am trying to be positive about the change, but I am scared, there is such a huge learning curve and if I fail, I am out of there. Positive thoughts sent my way will be greatly appreciated.

No comments: