Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sorry No Pictures

I have not blogged for two weeks and I feel bad about that.  I try to blog at least once a week, but lately I have been struggling to find things I want to blog about. I am knitting, but I am in the middle of two projects (one at work, one at home).  Both are progressing at a sloth's pace. I want to be knitting socks, but I need to finish home project before going back to my sock pattern that I am currently obsessed with (lacy summer socks).  So nothing really to blog about there.

My large seven year old computer Penelope is not doing well.  She is not even moving at sloth's pace either.  My fears are that she will go to that great technological landfill at the base of Gasconade Street very soon.  I will be left with my little Penny, a netbook, which I am typing on now.  She is very portable and easy to use, but hard to use for photos and forget about installing MS Word on it, not enough memory.  I am struggle with inertia on this front and wonder, if one day I will come home and find Penelope has walked into the sun to end the misery.

My Mom has taken off to Sturgis SD on the back of one of my Dad's buddies motorcycle.  She has been gone a week, to camp, ride, and experience the things my Dad did on his motorcycle runs.  I can't imagine her camping and spending that much time on a motorcycle, she always hated doing those kind of things.  I will admit I was a little stunned by the plan and tried to talk her out of it.  She stayed strong and said she was going through with the trip.  After all these years my mother still confuses me.  I am left wondering why she never did this trip with my Dad, and why she wants to do it now.  Mothers are mysterious.

I think you can see why I have been so lax lately.  I will work harder to have a more interesting life in the next week.  Wish me luck.

No comments: