Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Cruelest of Months

Unlike hometown boy, T.S. Eliot, I think February. not April is the cruelest of months.  February makes me think about losing my dad.  Friday will be the second anniversary of his death, and I have to tell you I still miss him so much.  I have come a long way from where I was last year in my grief.  Sometimes it is hard, but that said, I am trying to focus on moving forward while still holding on to the good memories.  

I have been so lucky (last years resolution) to be surrounded by so much love and support from my friends and family.  Their everyday kindnesses have been a comfort getting me through some these rough times.  Today I was surprised by a very sweet Valentines present from some of my nearest and dearest.  The gift though not expensive was so thoughtful and lovingly given, it made a cold snowy day in St Louis a little less bleak.  I got hot pink heart shaped peeps, Swedish fish, and a groovy salt and pepper shaker set.  I can only say as cruel as February may be, this little bit of valentine love made the month seem not quite so cruel and my heart a little less achy.  To all of you who have helped me get through this loss know how much it has helped, thank you.

No comments: