Friday, February 3, 2012

Dyeabolically Wrapped or I Talk About Knitting



I couple of years back I bought a significant amount of cotton warped yarn from my good friend at Dyeabolical Yarns (http://www.dyeabolicalyarns.com/).  I bought over 900 yards of a blue/green colorway, that I called Peacock.  I decided to knit the Elegant Scarf Wrap pattern from the Spring/Summer 2009 Knit Simple magazine.  I even decided to put the project supplies and notions all together in a knitting bag and take it to work, making it my work project.  On Ravelry I marked the start date as April 9, 2010.  The project had a cast on of 350 stitches.  I thought, and you should not be surprised by this, I would cast on 50 more stitches, so it would be just a little longer. 



At first I was very diligent about knitting on this project during my lunch and breaks.  Over time I got sick of the project and knit on it less faithfully.  Somewhere last summer I stopped knitting on it all together.  Before Christmas I decided to take it home and after all my seasonal knitting I would put my needles to the grindstone and get this baby done.  Well the Elegant Scarf Wrap made out of cotton warp yarn is done, all 60 inches of it.   A lovely summer wrap perfect for throwing over your shoulders on a breezy summer night, and as if on cue St. Louis has had temperature in the sixties.  I love it when a plan comes together and I look FABULOUS!!!

No comments: