Friday, August 31, 2012

Last Minute Catch Up

I really do try to blog at least once a week.  Apparently, August was the cruelest of months for blogging this year.  I had to cram three posts into the same week.  To be fair, I have had some personal things going on in my life that have distracted me from posting.  I have also had the drama of buying a new car, so I have been a busy woman.  I am hoping for things to slow down a little, after this weekend.  This weekend we are social butterflies (OK in our case more like social condors).  With that in mind I am trying to eek in one more blog post I have to do it now, while I am answering the phone for work.

(Yes, Mr I have already called 4 times today already, I can put Classic Rock of the 70s volume 4 on your request list.)


My knitting has not been going well right now, I am stuck on a sock pattern that is about to beat me.  I will blog about that when I either fail or succeed.  So nothing worth even posting photos of at this time.  Sorry I know you non knitters are dying to hear about the sock struggle.  But on the knitting front, I did find (be still my big girl heart) a plus size mannequin.  I found her on clearance at Jackman's.  I was so excited as I marched out of the store carrying my new purchase like a kid who just got a new bike.  I have yet to use it, but just owning one makes me feel all important and full of myself.  After the Ao Tank I discovered that having one of these could be very handy.

(No, Ms I never want to return anything, you can't keep Twilight Breaking Dork, part 2 for another month.  It needs to be returned now others are waiting for it.)



I also got seduced by my friend at Dyeabolical Yarns (http://www.etsy.com/shop/DyeabolicalYarns).  She twittered about doing a special run of mini skeins.  I could not stop myself from ordering the special limited edition set.  When the package came in the mail, I was so tickled with the mini skeins of yarn, I must have played with them for an hour.  I kept rearranging the colors and imaging all the hexipuffs I would knit with them

(Thank you for calling...is it time to go home yet?)

Like I said busy month.

No comments: