Wednesday, November 7, 2012

RAINBOW TIDE COMING THROUGH!

Today was one of those days where nothing was going to be a hole in my rainbow colored bucket.  I saw states rejecting discrimination and reaching out to their alternative lifestyle neighbors and saying we are all equal.  Ware going somewhere over the rainbow folks and I am overcome with joy.



As you may know about a year and a half ago my wife and I made the trek to Iowa to be married (http://tempestinapot.blogspot.com/2011/03/lucky-in-iowa-or-how-i-got-married.html).  I can't lie to you it was one of the happiest days of my life.  My joy could only be dampened by going home to a state that not only does not recognize my marriage certificate, but has codified this discrimination in the state constitution.  I am not equal under the law and it hurts.

 

I keep a map which I have colored pink all the states that I am married in.  This morning with my highlighter in hand I updated my map.  I did every thing, but burst into a chorus of "Over the Rainbow."  My co-workers were happy for me as I held up the new and improved map flapping it around in victory. Thank you all my friends and family for the support, I can see the changes coming like a rainbow tide and one day my map will be all pink.

No comments: