Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rainbow Tide Hitting the White House

Did you hear the what President Barack Obama said during his inaugural speech?  Well, just in case you missed it let me me show you:



Furthermore he said,“We, the people, declare today that the most evident of truths – that all of us are created equal – is the star that guides us still, just as it guided our forebears through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall…”
– President Obama, second inaugural address, at the Capitol, January 21.

I am not going to lie to you, at times I have been disappointed with the presidential commitment to same-sex marriage rights, but Monday he made it clear where he stood.  I cried.  I believe that very soon my marriage certificate will be valid with the federal government.  My state map will get much pinker.  And I will finally be an equal citizen under the law.  Hope what a wonderful word it is.

No comments: