Saturday, January 19, 2013

Wham Bam Thank You Lamb! Neckwarmer


How can you not love a knitting pattern called Wham Bam Thank You Lamb! Neckwarmer?  Add to it that the pattern is easy, quick, and simply written, equaling a great finished project.  Thank you Ava from my Sunday knit group for turning me on to this fun pattern by Susan Chang (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wham-bam-thank-you-lamb-neckwarmer). 



I also have to think how well timed this project turned out to be.  I wanted to knit something for my work BFF, Cynthia, on the occasion of  her birthday.  This neckwarmer turned out to be just what I needed.  Hitting my stash, looking for some bulky yarn, I found 2 odd balls of yarn with some bright color changes.  Birthday knitting was on.



In the end I knitted 2 Wham Bam Thank You Lamb! neckwarmers, one for BFF and one for me.  She looks great in her's and with the recent wintry weather I was not only warm, but smug knowing I had knitted my own awesome cowl.  I think the unexpected asymmetric construction was inspired and makes this project perfect for beginners.  In fact I was so inspired I promised to teach my mom to knit using this pattern.  Maybe I should have quit while I was ahead?

No comments: