Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolute

For the past couple of years I have been trying to focus on a personal goal for the upcoming year.  Last year my resolution was to try to enjoy my journey.  I will not lie, sometimes that is very hard.  I, like most people, want to get there NOW ((http://tempestinapot.blogspot.com/2012/01/trying-to-enjoy-journey-tested.html).  Last year I did focus on my journey through life as well as the drive to work in the morning.  I discovered a Tesla electric sports car in the next lane as well as many OBAMA/BIDEN bumper stickers on the cars in front of me.  I recognized that sometimes yelling at the sea of humanity making different driving choices than I would have does not improve my journey.  I also discovered after driving 100,000 miles in a hybrid car, I would and did buy a second hybrid (http://tempestinapot.blogspot.com/2012/08/things-change-or-my-new-car.html).  I went to Florida to see family.  I also went to Nashville to see a group that altered my musical tastes from the first time I heard one of their songs (http://tempestinapot.blogspot.com/2012/09/dead-can-dance-in-nashville.html ).  Not every mile was appreciated, but in the end the journeys were.  I leave 2012 with a greater understanding of what it takes to get from one point in my life to another.  Thank you 2012.

I reflected on my idea of what I want to focus myself on in 2013.  I want to write more in the upcoming year.  After taking a month off from blogging last year, I realized how much I really do like to express myself on the page.  I need an outlet for my brain to wander and poke around in, and the written word is an excellent form of expression for me.  Also the more I write, the more confident I am about writing and myself.  Resolution done.

Or is it?  I want to stick to a single thing, I do, but maybe this year I will add something else.  The last 2 years I have secretly said, "I will knit a sweater this year."  Epic knitting fail.  I have no sweaters to photograph and brag about to date.  I figure if I say it here ,now, I will shame myself into knitting this sweater.  It is not like I don't have the yarn or a few patterns to achieve this goal.  You heard it here, Tempesttea will knit herself a sweater in 2013. Hold me to it folks.  Now I am going to go cast on...a shawl, I know not a sweater, but it will happen.  I swear.

No comments: