Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pride Knitting

Two things on the list of things I love are having pride in my queer life and knitting.  Put those two things together and what have a got?  I have two new Pride knitting projects.



First, I knitted a second pair of Dyeabolical Mixed Wave Mitts only I rearranged my colors to make a rainbow.  To achieve the whole rainbow effect I knitted the mitts so when held together you can see the whole rainbow.  Natalie was keen to have those mitts so I gifted them to my lovely wife.  It is ashamed the warm weather is not conducive to wear those mitts.



Second, with the leftover Dyeabolical yarn I embarked on a pinwheel pattern to see how much I could get with the scarps.  For awhile my knitting could have been a purse, a hat, or doily, but in the end it was an antimacassar.  Do you know what that is?  Stealing from wikipedia, an antimacassar is a small cloth placed over the backs or arms of chairs, or the head or cushions of a sofa, to prevent soiling of the permanent fabric. Originally, that was macassar oil doing the staining, hence the name.  No one in my home is into macassar oil, but whatever it what my knitting wanted to be.  I loved the end product and I think my chair looks prideful in it too. 



Happy Pride my friends! 

No comments: