Thursday, March 13, 2008

I can resist anything, but temptation.


Oscar Wilde had me pegged when he quiped out that line. It is so true, I can resist spinach and Jehovah witnesses without so much as a glance backwards, but put cherry pie in front of me and it is over, tempation 9 million, Tempesttea 0. I do in fact love cherries, and to be brutally honest if I were just offered the pie filling I would be very happy and completely incapable of resisting the sticky sweetness before me. I have so little self control that right now I should be getting ready ready for bed and instead I am typing away, thinking about cherry pie. I wonder, should I just give in and go get some pie or just go to bed? Will I dream of cherry pie and at about 4 in the morning wake up, throw on clothes and drive to some all night truck stop and get pie? Or maybe I will just run to Shnucks and pick up a can of cherry pie filling. If I do that I can take a can opener and spoon and just eat it in the car on the way home. I see the plan coming together brilliantly, why can't I plan like this for something like paying my bills, cleaning my house, or exercising. Obsession is never pretty.

1 comment:

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

Update: I did not break down and run to Schnucks for cherry fillling last night, but magically tonight cherry crisp showed up with Lady B and K. It was as yummy as I had hoped it would be.
Thanks Lady B and K.