Thursday, March 27, 2008

Arithmonania


I am not one of those people who feels the need to count things. I don't know or care how many steps go down the basement. This lack of interest in numbers has become something of a liability when I knit. I have a couple of those click counter things, but inevitably I forget to click the silly thing and my count is always off.

However, on a whim, I decided to put a counter on my blog. I wanted to know just how many people do stop by and check out my inane rambling. I was surprised to see in just over a week, I have had over 100 people visit my blog. Whoa, that was a shock, I thought I would maybe have 2o (and yes I discounted all the times I semi-obsessively checked the counter), but the number was far more than I could fathom. I hope I am not too boring or random for the miscellaneous people who stop by.
I have been shopping my friends blogs to see what kind of counters they have. I was particularly enamoured by the one that keeps track of visitors' country. Granted she is really into Japanese pop music, so for her it makes sense. As much as I would like to have one of those tickers on the side I will just stick to the simple free down load counter. Oh and okay, I will try to be less obsessive about the counter, but to my friends and visitors come by see my blog (often).

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Usually I don't visit your blog directly if I am not commenting. I usually read it in full from the RSS feed through bloglines. This time I visited, so...click.