Friday, May 9, 2008

50 inches...


Okay, I am at 50 inches on the vintage shawl it is Friday night and I need to be knitting not blogging, but I thought I would check in for those of you dying to know about my progress. I am chucking the whole idea that everything will be done by Sunday morning. My goal is to get the thing off the needles (all 70 inches knitted and bound off). Blocking and fringe will have to wait until after mother's day. I hope my mom understands, if not I will have to throw myself down on the floor and kick my feet while holding my breathe. It use to work on her when I was 5, maybe it will now.

Also since I am blogging today I got up at O'dark:30 and went to yon string store to knit before work. Why you ask? Well let me tell you, some local TV guy did a story on Stitch n Pitch at Knitorious. We were all there to show how fun and cute we knitters are. How much fun I can be that early is negligible, but I showed up anyway to be sort of cute. If you are quick at one point you can see the back of my head, and my hair does look fabulous. Follow the link, I think it is a silly piece of fluff, but my knitting tribe is there and that makes me happy. http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=6502395&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.2.1

1 comment:

LindaLuFiber said...

Did you make it? Mine is packed away for cooler days and travels, but thought it might be "fun" in linen? It would be a good break from Hanami as midnight approaches!
Looks great.