Monday, May 12, 2008

Saucers for eyes


This starts with the confession that I didn't get the mother's vintage shawl done. I knitted and knitted and knitted and knitted. For some reason it just did not get longer than 57 inches. I knitted and measured and then knitted some more and still I was at 57 inches. It was pitiful. I felt pitiful. Friday night I passed out on my futon knitting. I woke up at 3:30am to an infomercial for acne medicine my shawl in my lap. I admit in my less than coherent state I threw my project in the floor and rolled over and spent the rest of the night on the futon.

My mom was very understanding when she tried to wrap what I had done around herself and it was obviously not long enough. She even said, that the color was perfect. I am still trying to get the present done as soon as I could, but the pressure is off.
For this post I wanted a picture of one of those creepy saucer eyed waifs to convey my affected sadness. In my quest for the picture I found this site http://besmirched.tripod.com/eyes.html . This site is not for the faint of heart those eyes are the stuff of nightmares. But I did steal the saucer eyed kitty picture. Actually I have another real kitty picture that looks almost exactly the same, creepy very creepy.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That cat is freaking me out.

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

It look possessed!