Thursday, May 1, 2008

Uncomfortable


Like the woman lacing herself up in the corset, I feel very uncomfortable and uptight about so much right now. I am on my usual path doing my usual thing and bang, something comes up that makes me wonder if I made a wrong turn somewhere. I did not find myself in my beautiful house, with my beautiful wife, but still I say how did I get here? And why has the word beautiful become so distasteful to me recently?
Ah me! I am recovering from the aftertaste of strawberry/orange juice splashers. It burns a little. I must be off my game and tired. I am hoping tomorrow (which has actually become today) improves. In the mean time I am left wondering about how uncomfortable I am currently feeling. I feel estranged and separate from those I love. I know I am raw with hurt and frustration and I must be carrying it around like a cheap purse so all can see my shame. I will shake this and I will get better, my life will improve and I will return to my beautiful wife and my beautiful house and the word beautiful will once again ring true and sincere. I will be better, I promise.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I have been thinking similar words myself. Amazing how a little beauty, spread too thin, leaves us feeling ugly.

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

It is amazing how something "special" has made me feel exactly the opposite.

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

I'm sending you hugs! plus, the reason that woman's corset hurts is that she's not wearing a chemise under it :) Miss you!

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

Miss you too!