Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm late!

So I was a little late on this present for mother's day. What is a month between kin? The Vintage Shawl from Runway Knits is finally completed. I also know that I promised to never knit the worlds longest scarf again, but I did not say anything about shawls. After I reached the much needed 70 inches I decided it wasn't long enough and added one more ball of yarn. So the end total was 75 inches without fringe. As you can see being modeled on the lovely Lavendergrl it is very drapey and drippy. I think it looks awesome and amazingly enough the shawl and the model's hair match. I should suggest my mom change her hair color to look this cool(or should I say hip).
There are mistakes (just a few). I got confused on the bind off and the ends aren't exactly the same (oh well). Also for some reason, it is more vertically striped then I imaged it would be. But the end result is a nice shawl that I think my mom will like. The added bonus is that the thing is warm. One night while furiously knitting away I fell asleep on the futon shawl in hand. At some point while snoozing I got chilled and draped the shawl over myself. Other than the needle poking me in the face, it was rather cozy.

I would also like to post that I did not get the lab trainer job at the other library. I am actually happy about that as the other library was further from my house then the library I currently work at. My boss said that they did really like me but, the selected candidate had more experience in that field.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great. Now I'm singing "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!" The shawl looks wonderful.

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

Thank You! But still, I'm late, I'm late for a very important date,no time to say hello good-bye, I'm late