Friday, April 10, 2009

Alice in Tim Burtonland

I am so excited about this, Tim Burton is directing a version of Alice in Wonderland. The cast is stellar. Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar, Stephen Frye as the Cheshire Cat, Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter to name some of the more inspired casting. The film is set to be released in 2010. I just can't wait!
A complete list of the cast is at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/ . I like Burton as a director and I think if anyone could do a quality production of the story it is him. I also think the pairing of Depp and Burton is always worth a trip to a multiplex. However, one of the few photos I found on the web of Depp as the Mad Hatter is a little creepy. I am hoping it is just a bad photo and the magic of film will bring the insane vivacity of the Mad Hatter with the personality of Depp together into something I will love. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Johnny Depp has gone for creepy in most of his roles. He's so over the top so often that it kind of turns me off of Depp. I can't ever forget that it is Depp as _____.

Paul A Telling said...

I LOVE ALICE IN WONDERLAND! although this game looks like it will be a little weird it sounds like it willl have all the right aspects to be a psychedelic tripped out but childish fun game!

For more alice in wonderland check her out here!
ASK ALICE!!