Sunday, May 17, 2009

Greener

If you know me, you know I love the color green. I don't know what it is about green, but when I see something in that color I like it a little more than if it was say, blue. I feel like I might be on to something because think of the things that are green, money, grass, limes, asparagus, good arts and crafts pottery.
Also with my auburn hair I look good in green. Even my mother agrees the hue suits me. I am so ga-ga for green I want everyone to wear green to my funereal (talk about being self-absorbed).


Anyway, I am trying to inventory my yarn on my ravelry account. I am doing it a little at a time, but I have notice there is a significant amount of green yarn. Yarn of all kinds of fiber, weight, and amounts. I could truly have a dedicated green yarn stash bin.

I admit I have a problem. If there was a twelve step program for people obsessed with green I think my friend would do an intervention, but I know it wouldn't stick. But on the other hand no one is ever in doubt as to what color to get me of anything. I still dream about someone giving me a bottle green prius, but it has yet to show up in my driveway.


Happily I just received a new skein 0f sock yarn, because well I just don't have enough green sock yarn. It came from a yarn shop in Alexandria called, Knit Happens. The lovely yarn is pictured above. I had kind of icky week, so the green yarn made my week less icky. Of course this means I will have to knit more socks.


No comments: