Thursday, April 8, 2010

RIP Lantern Moon #10 Needles

So early this morning about 4 AM I rolled over and heard something make a large crack sound. I went from barely conscious to wide awake in a second. Things shouldn't make loud cracks in my bed (or anyone's bed for that matter). I sat up and felt around in the dark for the source of the sound. After much effort and illumination I discovered my rosewood #10 Lantern Moon straight needle in my bed with a splintery crack in it. I had been knitting in bed before lights out and must have forgot to put it in my bag. After much gnashing of my teeth and rending my clothes I went back to bed to dream of broken needles. I am 3/4ths of the way through a project and this my only pair of size 10s. Whatever shall I do? I tried to file the crack down, but all I did was leave a rough divet in my needle. $6.50 later I have a pair of Clover Bamboo Takumi needles to finish my project. Call me shallow, but I just don't look as cool knitting with plain old Takumis.

No comments: