Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Tale of Two Scarves

It was the best of knitting, the worst of knitting. Our heroine, me, bought some Cascade Pearls from the clearance bin at the old curiosity shop with the greatest of expectations that I would knit something fabulous with the yarn. After an initial project I thought wow this stuff knits up like the dickens it will make an awesome scarf.

Plan one was to knit a scarf with a purple and green side and a pink and green side. I started with 24 stitches in the purple and green. After much knitting I decided I had a scarf without the pink side and bound off. I liked the scarf, but like Oliver Twist the thing was annoyingly rolly.

Sighing, over these hard times, I moved on to another project quicker than you could say Martin Chuzzlewit. I started knitting scarf two, the pink and green one. I decided to not be a Scrooge with the yarn and cast on 30 stitches. I knew the pink wouldn't make it all the way around so I decided to do ten stripes on each end. I liked this scarf so much better, it lays a little flatter and looks much better to protect our heroine from the chill of a bleak house.

No comments: