Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Half-iversary To Us

Today my beautiful wife and I have made it to the halfway mark of our first year together as a married couple.  Granted we have over two and half decades of experience together, today we are still technically newly-weds.  I think about that game show, The Newlywed Game, and wonder how we would fare.  I have to think we would do just about as well as the other couples.  There are so many things we still don't know about each other and we still disagree about many things.  I wonder if even a life time together will be enough to share with Natalie.  Or if one day I will just snap and kill her (I know, but the more you love someone, the more you want to kill them does have some relavance).

Photo by the talented Sungazing Photography

I also think about how far we have come from the two teenagers from Crawford County struggling with our feelings for one another.  I can remember being shocked that ever time I saw her my heart beat faster and how she would give me a lopsided grin and my knees would turn to water.  Time and familiarity does change some of those the feelings, but then she will give me another of those lopsided grins and my heart still thumps a little harder and my knees weaken.  And I think maybe I don't want to kill her,  just yet.   

1 comment:

eubara said...

And if that ain't love, gentle Alice, I don't know what is