Thursday, September 22, 2011

Yes, I do Love Green Taco Sauce

I love La Victoria Green Taco Sauce.  In my opinion if I am going to slather something on my tacos this green goodness is what I crave.  I have tried many other green and some red taco sauces and nothing can even compare to this brand.  My wife introduced me to the condiment in the first year we were together.  My commitment to both have withstood the test of time.   While we lived in Rolla, La Victoria was a staple on our shopping list and easily acquired at Kroger's.  Of course there are no Kroger's in St Louis anymore and with much search I have discovered only international grocery stores carry the stuff.  Weird considering the company is owned by Hormel, but I digress.



Because La Victoria Green Taco Sauce is scare in St Louis, I have taken to hoarding the stuff.  Whenever I find some I clear out the shelf.  However, I must be one in a small minority because most places that do carry the stuff only carry a couple of bottles.  Last week I proudly paid for five bottles and told the cashier I had cleaned them out.  She looked at me like I was some freaky green taco sauce eater, which I am.  I was almost giddy as I walked out of the store fondling my bag.

I love the green taco sauce on Mexican food, but it is yummy on baked potatoes, eggs, all kinds of sandwiches, and my favorite grilled cheese.  I often toast bread put on slices of cheese and spread on the sauce to nuke later for my lunch at work.  That little spot of green in the middle of my work day makes me smile like I have a secret ingredient on my toast. Just thinking about it makes me want to have that sandwich right now...

1 comment:

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

I think this goes in my Lucky column for the year!