Saturday, March 16, 2013

Goodbye Girl

Okay, I am too old to be a girl, but goodbye woman does not alliterate, so forgive me the youthful reference.  Today was my last day at the library.  Big heavy sigh.  Endings are hard, and today was no different.  I was overwhelmed by the tide of love and good wishes.  Even as I am typing these sentences I am tearing up thinking about the last couple of weeks.  Words cannot express how special my co-workers made me feel.  Tearful verklempt coming on here.


In the end the bad times and crazy customers are forgotten and only the good people will be remembered.  This job is not the first one I have left, and as always I count myself fortunate to have such good people pass through my life.  I can only hope they feel the same way about me.


Today I was hugged and hugged, showered with well wishes and gifts.  My team gave me Fiestaware!  Yes, Fiestaware, they know me well.  My work BFF, Cynthia, gave me an adorable cat pendant and lunch at our favorite spot.  Yarn, flowers, food, and peeps also showed up at my desk this week.  All very thoughtful and appreciated gifts.  However, over the last five years the real gift has been their friendship.  To these fine co-workers I say thank you for so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're moving on. It will be good for you.

Angie said...

And thank YOU! It was a pleasure working with you. I wish you all the best in your future entanglements.

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

Thank you both