Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week of Gainful Unemployment

As I have mentioned, I spent the last week unemployed.  On the eve of this new chapter in my life I am reflective of the things I did with the time off.  I visited friends, family, and yarn stores, six yarn stores to be exact.  I do not know if my mini yarn crawl was productive, but my time off was. 

I traveled to Hermann, Columbia, and Rolla, MO.  I spent time with my wife and her family.  I cashed in change ($70) and sold gold jewelry ($268).  I got a pedicure and dug through the safety deposit box.  I organized yarn and projects.  I listen to music and watched TV.  I was in fact very busy.

I kept myself so busy I did not have time to freak out about starting a new job.  Until tonight now I am nervous.  This almost feels like the night before the first day of school.  I keep thinking, what if they don't like me?  What if I make a mistake?  What if?  What if? Ugh, I am making myself crazy with this line of thought.  I am sure in the end it will be okay, but right now it feels scary.  Send me your bravest thoughts my friends, I will need them tomorrow, that is if it ever stops snowing.

No comments: