Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Birthiversary!

Two years ago I added my anniversary on to the same day as my birthday(http://tempestinapot.blogspot.com/2011/03/lucky-in-iowa-or-how-i-got-married.html).  And you know I think it was one of the best decisions I ever made.  Today along with my usual birthday haul, I got to give Natalie something special too.  I also took her lunch and she took me to dinner.  All in all a very good day.



I think about how much can change in two years.  In two years we have added three more states in which we are legally married.  Next year we will add more.  Even by the end of this month we may bring California back into the fold.  Actually, by the end of this month many things may change for same-sex couples as the discrimination of DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) could be struck down by the Supreme Court.  The month of my birth and anniversary may be a very good month indeed.  The rainbow winds or change are sweeping my country and to this I say, "ABOUT TIME!"


Change is in the air this month.  I will be changing jobs.  I will move from a customer service job with a library to a records job.  Big change. but one I am ready to make. Right now I am basking in the glow of idealized good fortune, time will make it real.  Thinking about all the good changes coming this year so close to my birthiversary and you know those are the best gifts anyone could ask for. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthaversary to two of the best people I've ever known! Xoxo.