Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Belly of the Beast


First I hate bullies, second I believe in facing my demons, and third I am not a person to slink away and let my adversaries think I am beaten. On Friday I had to face my demon to the right here. I swallowed hard and went down to City Hall to register my car at the Collector of Revenue's Department of Revenue Office. I could have went anywhere to get this done, but you know, I thought, I love the ladies at the DOR there and I trust them to do a good job so why would I go anywhere else. I bucked up got some fortitude and walked in. I shook a little at first. Here was this place I spent 7 and half years of my life and people I saw everyday, and I was shaking. I don't know what I expected, but it went perfect. I was hugged and told how much I was missed. I was complimented on the weight I had lost and given nothing, but love from my former co-worked. The inner sanctum of the Vain Daly team stayed away, life is good. It amazed how happy, happy, joy, joy everyone was in the office and then how several of them followed me into the hall to tell me how bad things truly were and how lucky I was to be out of there. Overall it was a very empowering day. Facing the horror of my past made me glad I had put it all behind me. Yeah for me!!!

No comments: