Saturday, January 26, 2008

Something Spicy!


I love spicy food. The tingle and the burn just do it for me. Tonight I ate a chile that burned a hole in my freaking tongue and it wasn't that fabulous. It made me reassess my love of spicy. Maybe I should stay with the more R rated spicy and veer clear of the full on X rated spicy. My poor tongue still feels a little on the battered side.
Update on the lungs, Jenny is doing great. According to her mother she is breathing regular air instead of tanked air. Jenny is walking further and further everyday. She will be sent home (okay to her temporary home) next week. After ninety days, Jenny and her mother, will be allowed to go back to their home in Chicago. Jenny is looking forward to doing all those mundane things that I take for granted. Things like housework and getting a job, all things that she has not been able to do. I am trying to imagine not seeing Selena at IHOP on Wednesday nights. Maybe we should starting doing IHOP in Springfield IL once a month just to keep up with the Northern Knitter extraordinaire.
Okay the season opener of Torchwood is about to begin, more guy on guy action, gotta run. "Excuse me have you seen a blow fish driving a sports car?"

2 comments:

jessica the strange said...

Good to hear about your friends.

On another note, I went to see Sweeney Todd. I liked it, but it left me with the same feeling I got after watching A Clockwork Orange the first time.

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

Worried that Alex/Sweeny is going to show up at your home belting out "Singing in the Rain."