Sunday, January 6, 2008

Godsons and Such



So I am at work in the library right now monitoring a bunch of Internet users. I am really unsure as to what to do so I thought I would blog. My weekend has been crazy, but in a good way. My unofficial godson was in town this weekend. He stormed in on Friday night and left on Saturday in a large Penske moving truck. I love the kid, but he really does get around. He and his girlfriend were moving her stuff back to New Orleans. They both have done time as Katrina refugees and she was finally moving her stuff back to the Big Easy.

We stayed up late talked about life, New Orleans, and hormone levels. I had knitting project for both of them and neither was ready to go. So I will have to send them down, which is good because godson loves packages in the mail. I however love presents and the dear boy got me the best present. He gave me a necklace and matching earrings with the New Orleans sewer cover on them. See above photo for example. I love them, I am in fact wearing them now. Who knew sewer covers could be fashionable?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Can you imagine the conversation that led to making miniature sewer cover jewelry?

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

I am sure it started with the phrase, some dumbass tourist tried to steal a sewer cover and ended with some dumbass tourist will buy this.