Saturday, January 19, 2008

Breathe Deep!



LUNGS!!! Two of them have entered into the knitting collectives' lives as of Wednesday. Instead of knitting and having ribald conversations at IHOP this week, we were all knitting and having ribald conversations in a waiting room at Barnes. Transplantmom's daughter got her new lungs. A beautiful pair from Texas came just for Jenny. I hope the family that sent those lungs to us knows how thankful we are for their gift. Our lives have been centering around going to Barnes, knitting and waiting for news. And do I have news, the lungs are working!!! Jenny is breathing off the ventilator and without her usual oxygen tank. She is sitting up in a chair and being doted on by those who love her. It is amazing how much different life looks today for all of us. Jenny will be able to do some of the things that I take for granted, like breathing without the aid of a medical device. Life is so sweet when you least expect it. For anyone wanting to know more about my friend Jenny and how you can help her please go to http://www.cotaforjennifersm.com/ or at least flip over your Driver License and sign your donor card. The joy of Jenny's family's right now is the best gift anyone could give. I know I am not my usual jaded self, but being around Jenny and her family right now is so inspiring, how can anyone not be touched.

No comments: