Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lucky in Love

So my resolution to be luckier in 2011 is off to a great start.  I got to spend the beginning  of the year with one of my favorite godsons (OK my only godson), Jase, up from Florida.  Jase is such an amazing godson, he is a world traveler full of love and energy.  His passion for life is infectious and I always feel so alive when he is around.  I have watched him grow from an energetic young adult to a compassion man out to make a difference in his life and the lives of those he touches.  I always get excited when I get the opportunity to spend time with him. 

This trip we ate at some of our favorite restaurants.  We shopped, bar-hopped, saw the city, and just enjoyed the comfort of spending time with someone you truly love.  I talked about how difficult 2010 was and about the loss of my father.  I was surprised by how patiently he listened, and how I kept my tears to a minimum.  He talked about his job and his new passion for marathon running.  We shared pieces of ourselves without fear of judgement or disdain.  I needed that and I hope he did too.



Today we left our beautiful boy, now a man, at the airport this evening.  I felt a little twinge, not knowing when we will see each other again.  However, I feel lucky for having been given the gift of these last few days with Jase and Natalie.  Resolutely, I remain lucky.

No comments: