Sunday, January 23, 2011

Texting Catapillar,R Slacking on Youtube


I can get lost in youtube for hours watching videos.  Today I was in a Disney mood.  This clip is one of my favorites from Alice in Wonderland.  I love the smoke letter blowing caterpillar.  I was surprised by how similar to texting some of those smoke missives were. I also adore his little, pointy-toed, slippers and the elaborate hookah pipe; the items are just too decadent.  I am sure there are parents who might be offended by him blowing smoke letters in her face, but I love how the "C" becomes a bracelet on Alice's wrist.  When I first saw this movie I loved the multi-colored smoke and felt very smart that I recognized he was singing out vowels.  I can remember wanting to sit through the movie twice just to see this scene again.  Today a few clicks on youtube or with a DVD player and I can watch the wonderful philosophical exchange between a caterpillar and a little girl ad nauseum.  On a day that is so cold and snowy, I am very lucky to be able to do just that.

No comments: