Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cake Obsessed

Okay, I am admitting that I have been a little obsessed with collecting cake photos.  I am at 75 cakes, with 175 more to go.  Facebook friends are probably over the cakes, but we all have things we over post on line.  This too will pass my friends.


St Louis 250 Year Birthday Cake at the Mary Meachum Freedom Crossing on the Mississippi River
Sometimes the cakes are easy to find and you just have to hop out and snap a shot.  Sometimes the cakes are not so easy.  Today I was looking for a cake at the Mary Meachum Freedom Crossing (http://www.visitmo.com/mary-meachum-freedom-crossing-and-rest-area.aspx).  This site is part of the Riverfront Trail for bicycle and pedestrian traffic, not cars.  I kept hoping the cake would be close to the parking area.  On course not, I had to walk about 10 minutes to the site in rubber sandals.  My planning on today was not stellar.  Natalie waited in the car for the 25 minutes it took me to get there and back. 

When I finally got back to the car I was hot, sweaty, and annoyed by the walk.  I grumbled about not having on the right shoes, forgetting my hat, and the trek to the cake.  Natalie started laughing at me and said, "What were you expecting a cakewalk?" 

That is my wife, riding along on one of my madcap obsessions poking fun at me the whole way. 


Natalie at the Fort Belle Fontaine St Louis 250 Year Birthday Cake, Missouri River Behind her

No comments: