Wednesday, November 7, 2007

And, as in uffish thought he stood,


Okay, I am not known for my restraint. At times it is endearing and at others it is well, not so much. Anyway, on Monday I had lunch with my friend, Kim at Christo's on the Northside. Christo's is a local joint serving mostly American Grill with some pasta specials. Kim and I both being plump ladies chose the lasagna. It was a cheesy, saucy mess of a lasagna, perfect for a Monday afternoon, if you could go home afterwards and sleep it off. I was about half way through my lunch when I heard some commotion at the next table. I looked up just in time to see Mayor Francis and his main lackey, Jim.
With the effort of Sampson I held the gooey masticated pasta inside my mouth instead of spewing it all over the Mayor. Which I would have followed with asking if his sister liked my old parking space at city hall. I would have then re-loaded my mouth with pasta to spit on Jim and asked if his slacker son was still using city tax payers money to surf the web. Kim looked edgy so I swallowed HARD and decided I would have spite for dessert instead. The only thing which kept this from being the trifecta of defeat was my former boss, Vain Daly, was obviously not cool enough to be invited to Christo's that day. When will this city get a new mayor?
As to the yarn shop "incident." Yes, Virginia, a yarn shop owner in St. Charles actually called two customers fat. I maybe fat, but she will get no more of my business.

No comments: