Friday, November 23, 2007

Feed your head



Yesterday, was one of the best thanksgiving I have ever had. Everywhere I went I was hail lady well met. I had all the usual thanksgiving fare and then some. I am sure I will have to do some sort of penance for that. I think the winner for best food was Semperfiona's pecan pie. I am a cake girl, not liking the crust on pie, but SF did some special juju to her crust on her pecan pie that made it beyond edible. After my piece of pie I wanted to go back and wolf down the rest of the pie with no regard to anyone else in the room. It took restraint and control to keep my extra large tush planted in my chair. The crust was just so perfect. Crunchy and light with out being too doughy or tough. She said something about vodka in the recipe. To that I say da Semperfiona, da.

Anyway, for those who are stickler's about there Alice. I am aware the dormouse never said feed your head, that would be pure Jefferson Airplane. But I can think that if the dormouse had lived through the 1960s he very well might have said something like that.

So I felted the extremely large bag I have been working on. Actually, what I should say is Tammy felted it for me last night. It is still being blocked at Rivendale. It is actually wider than I wanted it to be after it was felted, but I had suspected this was going to be the case. Anyway, I looks pretty good for my first felted project. We shall see how it turns out once I put the finishing touches on it. Look for photos of the finished product.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Credit where credit is due, the pecan pie filling was all Tammie. I'm the crust maven. :-)

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

This gets worse, the crust the pie all awesome, you ladies are killing me.