Saturday, November 3, 2007

Let's Make Love



In Lets Make Love Marilyn Monroe's character is asked if she is knitting a sweater and she replies something like I don't know the knitting hasn't decided yet what it wants to be. I love the idea that something knitted has to decide what it is going to be. I have a bag I will felt that is doing just that, deciding for itself what it is going to be. Because right now it looks like a skirt for a square dancer. The problem is I decided it needed to be wider than the directions suggested and now I am running out of yarn. Yarn that I can't seem to find anywhere. Today my dear cousin and I drove all over hell's half acre and St. Charles looking for Crystal Palace Iceland Wool Thistle and of course I found bumpcus. I am going to order some online and hope it is right shade. I did get a ton of interesting suggestions on how to solve my problem from various yarn devotees and shop owners, but really I just want the right yarn.

In our quest to find yarn today we went to three yarn shops. We of course had the discussion of the shop in the car as we sped to our next location. One shop was too cramped, another shop was too expensive, and the final shop was hostile to the plump. The owner told my cousin and I we were too fat and needed to lose weight. I don't think I will go there again.

I can't fathom why a person would say that to two customers, gee, that makes me want to come back and buy yarn. Actually, it made me want to go to Krispy Kreme and buy doughnuts then come back to her shop and eat said doughnuts over her $26 silk yarn. But instead I just won't go back at all, even if she is handing out free cascade 22o in green.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

WHAT???? Are you serious? I gotta know. Email me?