Sunday, December 9, 2007

Just a Pack of Cards

I love the color green, especially the same green as a granny smith apple. My mother calls it god awful green, but I like it. Most of my friends know I love this color and they always call it my green. I even imagine sometimes that I could dye my hair this color. I would love that, but ascetically I think it would be just too much, but then again I think if you can do something, why not over do it. But yesterday at the hairdressers my thought was trust my beauty guru. He wanted my hair shorter and darker, so today instead of god awful green hair I have short brown hair. Maybe he was right, but still green hair would have been fabulous on me.

So last night I went to a bar to hear the sounds of Fruit Jam. Fruit Jam is the band my girlfriend plays the sax for. They play mostly big band and swing music, not really my favorite, but I am all about supporting my friends. The band sounded great, especially awesome was "As Time Goes By."

I know my girlfriend doesn't like for me to knit while we are out, and at a bar during a gig would have probably been to much for her, but I outsmarted her. I took knitting for her dog. She wants a belly band for her three-legged dog, Lanie. Apparently , Lanie's tummy gets cold because she doesn't have the leg to shield the belly. I thought well, okay, so I used some odds and ends I had and experimented with some stitches. So all and all, it was a good knitting weekend.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

You should add utility compartments to the belly band. That way the dog can carry its own milkbones. :) Have you seen this pattern?

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I think that if you could find a wig that was in pink and green it would solve all your problems. You could still wear almost all your clothes and you would be in green. LOL Of course, it might limit the number of people that would be seen with you. K

Tempest ina Pot of Tea said...

Yeah well, you would still have lunch with me!